Bridge12 is a high-growth startup focusing on the development of cutting-edge microwave and terahertz (THz) instrumentation for use in scientific research such as magnetic resonance spectroscopy (DNP, NMR, EPR), communication systems and industrial applications. The company has a worldwide customer base and conducts groundbreaking research on applications of microwave/THz radiation in novel fields, often in collaboration with leading academic institutes. The company has a proven track record of securing Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) grants from agencies across all fields.
As a scientist at Bridge12, you will work on multidisciplinary projects that involve all aspects of microwave/THz instrumentation design, development of prototypes and conduct research. The position requires creativity in a wide range of areas in the life science area and project management skills. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys an innovative, interdisciplinary environment and the challenges that come with the manufacturing of high-tech, scientific instrumentation. You will also have the opportunity to write research grant proposals to federal research agencies and define your own research scope within the scientific areas of interest of Bridge12. This will involve developing the project plan and setting milestones and budget for you projects. You will work out of the Bridge12 facilities in Framingham, MA and only occasional travel is associated with this position (conferences, tradeshows or meetings with collaborators).
- Development of microwave/THz instrumentation for application in DNP-enhanced NMR spectroscopy. This includes the electrical and mechanical design and fabrication of NMR probes, active and passive microwave/THz components (e.g. transmission lines, mirrors, bends, quasi-optical components), RF circuits and cryogenics
- Plan and conduct research experiments sometimes in collaboration with Bridge12 research partners (e.g. Harvard Medical School at the Massachusetts General Hospital)
Required Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of the principles of magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR, EPR, MRI), NMR instrumentation and software and knowledge of modern NMR techniques and applications in the material science and life science area
- Experience in performing electromagnetic simulations for RF and microwave/THz circuits using finite element analysis (e.g. Ansys HFSS)
- Experience with 3D CAD tools for mechanical design such as Autodesk Inventor
- Operating test equipment such as Vector Network Analyzers (RF to THz frequencies), oscilloscopes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good team work ethics
- Experience in grant proposal writing (advantage)
- Printed Circuit Board design and prototyping (advantage)
- Experience in designing cyrogenic instrumentation (advantage)
- Experience in using Python, Matlab, LabVIEW (advantage)
Qualification: MS (or BS) degree in science, preferable in chemical engineering, physical chemistry or equivalent areas.
This is a full-time position. Bridge12 is an equal opportunity employer, and offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Please email your Resume or CV together with a cover letter to: email@example.com (reference number S031406)