2nd TeraHertz: New opportunities for industry – Formation courte
How the TeraHertz revolution impacts your business
12 – 14 February 2014
Target audienceR&D managers, engineers and scientists seeking a comprehensive update on TeraHertz technologies and applications, a disruptively evolving field.
A general background in science & technology is sufficient.
OverviewTeraHertz (THz), the frequencies between electronics and optics, was until recently the last unexploited part of the electromagnetic spectrum. The harnessing of THz-based technologies has the potential of impacting globally a vast number of industries, like both electronics in the 70’s and optics in the 80’s did.
THz applications span over a wide array of fields, including:
- Quality Control and Non-destructive testing
- Surface analysis
- Chemical and Bio-Medical analysis
Filling the Terahertz “gap” has led to unprecedented creativity in the development and commercialization of TeraHertz sources, transmission components and detectors.
This course is a unique opportunity to network with specialists, converge know-how, and scout for innovative applications.
- Learn about the latest TeraHertz technologies and their market potential
- Discover examples of TeraHertz applications and the corresponding industrial opportunities
- Network with specialists in this emerging field
Topics and Hands-on
- THz test & measurements instrumentations: Network Analyzers
- THz solid state sources
- THz on-chip measurements
- High speed Electronics
- THz analysis of volatile mixtures
CertificationA certificate of participation will be delivered at the end of the course.
- Nanostructured Materials Physics Laboratory (LPMN)
- Institute of Condensed Matter Physics (ICMP)
- School of Basic Sciences (FSB)
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
In collaboration with
- SWISSto12 SA, a company issued from the EPFL Science Park
- Prof. Jean-Philippe Ansermet, School of Basic Sciences, ICMP, EPFL
- Dr. Alessandro Macor, SWISSto12 SA
- Emile de Rijk, SWISSto12 SA
Confirmed Speakers from
- Cascade Microtech
- Radiometer Physics
- Teledyne Scientific
- Virginia Diodes
- Keynote speakers from industry will give an overview of applications and challenges.
- Hands-on experience with demonstrators
Dates and schedule
- Wednesday, 12 February 2014, 1.30 pm to 6 pm
- Thursday, 13 February 2014, 9 am to 6 pm
- Friday, 14 February 2014, 9 am to 1 pm
Course venueEPFL Innovation Park, Lausanne, Switzerland
RegistrationCourse fee : Early registration (before 29th November 2013)
600.- Swiss Francs (includes course material and refreshments)
800.- Swiss Francs
Limited places available.
Registration deadline: 13th December 2013